Should America get involved in stopping the wholesale murder of Christians?
Any person with any kind of morality would give the immediate knee jerk reaction of, Hell Yes!
As Wilford Brimley might say, “It’s the right thing to do!”
In this day and age we don’t do anything. We are paralyzed by politics.
If Winston Churchill had been this worried about political blowback, we all might very well be speaking German!
There is this problem that some face in management called “analysis to paralysis.”
Today with a 24 hour news cycle, we have taken that to all new levels!
We have organizations who do polls of everything.
Frank Luntz, who is an interesting guy, makes his livelihood by putting together groups of people to gauge their emotional state, at different snapshots in time of events like speeches or debates.
There are several different pollsters and they all solicit an opinion from a low percentage of actual people who will take the time to take a poll. That in and of itself is a problem, in that it biases the results.
Polls are flawed to begin with, in that the accuracy is somewhere below 10%, depending upon the type of poll and the questions ask.
Robotic polls are the least accurate and even some of the most prestigious or respected pollsters, depending upon their particular bias, are flawed. (Aka Fox news Vs MSNBC)
Politicians today are always in re-election mode so they are in fact paralyzed. If there is a bill on the floor and some senator does not want to cast a vote one way or the other, he simply votes present or is a no show. Currently, Planned Parent Hood funding was on the floor and one of the presidential candidates was in fact a no show. This was an important bill and for his party, he should have been there. He however represents the Millennials, and a good amount of them are liberal leaning and do not distinguish the difference between the murder of a baby, and “women’s health.”
“You’ve got to stand for something, or you will fall for anything!”
We send these folks to Washington to represent us.
Obama, when he was senator voted present 130 times, not allowing his political aspirations to get tarnished with anything. The people of Chicago sent him there to represent them, and he voted present. One could infer from his votes that the people of Chicago, simply don’t care about anything!
Today on the stage of the world’s Arena, we have a president who is still voting present, and leading from the rear.
Is it politically safe to stop the wholesale slaughter of Christians in the Middle East?
No, because there are some who don’t like Christians, who happen to vote and they might vote Democrat unless of course you do anything that they don’t like. Is it the right thing to do? Hell Yes!
We watch them on the computer, and TV, and what have you, being butchered in the most heinous of ways, and there is nothing but the sounds of Crickets coming from Washington.
Today we have the Russian Dictator Putin “standing for something.” I am not certain what he is doing and if he is truly targeting the right folks, time will tell. The US has always taken the lead in such things and yet, we are dismantling our military.
“The purpose of our government is to Defend and protect the people of this country and this country from all threats domestic and foreign.”
This president has cut military spending and in fact allowed our military men and women to fight with antique equipment.
- Air Force tactical aircraft: over 20 years old;
- Navy and Marine Corps tactical aircraft: over 15 years old;
- Army M-113 armored personnel carriers: 27 years old;
- Bradley fighting vehicles: 17 years old;
- CH-47 Chinook helicopters: nearly 20 years old;
- UH-1 Huey helicopters: 35 years old;
- Ticonderoga-class cruisers: nearly 20 years old;
- P-3C Orion long-range aircraft: almost 25 years old;
- B-1 Lancer bomber: over 20 years old;
- C-5A Galaxy transport aircraft: 40 years old; and
- KC-135 tankers: 44 years old.
Over 65% of this president’s budget goes to ….wait for it….”Entitlements” and they are really not entitlements because for it to be an entitlement, you must have done something to be entitled to it!
We are talking about food stamps, Obama phones, Obama Care, and to quote one of the people in line for her share of the free stuff, “his stash!” These are not simply for American poor folks, these are for anyone that can cross the border in any way shape of form!
The money he is giving away is not his to give, in fact he is appropriating it from places like the military, and your great grandchildren’s future piggy bank!
Which candidate will save us from ourselves?
The outsiders are leading the pack for the republicans and the Socialist is leading the pack “basically” for the DNC.
How you ask? They are telling the truth, the things that you were afraid to even think about, as they need to wake you up. Even Bernie Sanders is talking trash about the Washington Elite or as one candidate calls them “The Washington Cartel.”
We need a candidate that will shake things up, and focus on what the government is supposed to be doing.
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
- “Establish Justice:” Appoint or elect judges who interpret, not create the law.
- “Insure domestic Tranquility:” Unite instead of divide us by race, religion or sex or by any other means. We are Americans, and we need to bind ourselves together by that.
- “Provide for the common defense:” Have a military that is so strong, that no one will dare to test it.
We are not doing that, and these last 7 years have proved that beyond any shadow of doubt.
Whoever inherits this mess, will indeed have to be the best of the best. We will need to start with the basics and go forward. This will take a concerted effort from everyone to put this country back up straight; we need to prepare for that.
At the rate this administration is pissing money away, we will most likely be $20,000,000,000.000.00 in debt by 2017. That is if the rate does not change one way or another.
All of these candidates except one are bought and paid for by someone, or a group of someone’s.
- That is why the Keystone pipeline has never happened.
- That is why 20 odd percent of our Uranium was sold to Russia in a backroom deal made by Hillary.
Do you want more of the same or would you like a change?
- Campaign reform and total transparency needs to top any agenda for this next administration.
- Term limits need to also top any list of to-do’s as we need to get the good old boys out of Washington.
- As one man put it, we need to dismantle the Washington Cartel.
- You dismantle them by holding them accountable.
- You dismantle them by transparency of their funding and you force them to create term limits for themselves.
- They need to live by the same laws that we live by, and by the same social security, and the same health care.
In short, you remove the incentives to be corrupt. If you go to Washington to serve, you go there to serve, not to serve yourself!